Saturday, August 25, 2007

In Memory of James Noel, Aggie Class of 1952

Note:Today's Post is a little different. It is all designed to be a memorial for my friend and (I believe) Brother, Jim Noel.
Jim Noel (white hat) passed away on December 31, 2006, age 76. He was my primary instructor and "flying buddy". This picture shows him doing two of his favorite things: being on the airfield and talking to people. "Blue Skies", Dr. Noel. I believe I'll see you again.



The next three pictures are of some of our "birds" during a flour bombing competition...




N6315M (15 "Mike") to the right, one of my favorite planes.











N93124 ("November Niner 3124") bombing to the left, and after a new paint job to the right. I also enjoyed this plane and many of my hours were flown in it.










Below: Open house on campus (nice short field landing!!!) in front of the basketball arena and across from Kyle Field, (to the right of the picture, whoop!) and new members checking out the planes at Easterwood Airport, Texas A&M. To the left of the members on the airfield is runway 16/34, which was the largest and most often used runway. All pictures courtesy of the "Flying Aggies" and Easterwood Airport.




























No comments: