Friday, August 24, 2007

Traffic Adventures


Here are a couple pictures/videos of traffic in the city. The overpass to the right is the only one we have in our city since there are "only a few million people" living here. Still, crossing the street and riding a taxi/bus can be quite exciting. (also see the fireworks videos in "Birthday Fireworks in Asia?" for more traffic scenes). I hope these videos remind you to regularly think about the many people in our city (and me as I cross the street. Maybe I shouldn't mention that one of my friends here was hit by a bus last year, but she is fine :) ). Thanks!



The second picture to the right, although hard to see, shows hundreds of bicycles lined up in a little parking lot where you pay the attendants to watch it. This is a big shopping area, to the right of where the traffic videos are taking place.





Notice that not many people are using the nice expensive bridges (where I am standing). I understand why the cyclists cannot, though. Oh well, fun times.

No comments: